Windows 10 Kernel Security Check Failure and many other BSOD on laptop?

• Thread starter Thread starter interactivism
  • Start date Start date
I

interactivism

Hi! I've been having different BSOD's for a while now and after performing two clean Windows reinstalls its still happening. The laptop is rather new, the first Windows reinstall I had to do it because the system got completely corrupted and stopped working. After still dealing with BSOD for these past few months, I did another clean Windows 10 install today but surely soon after got a BSOD. I've tested the memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic and it didn't show any mishaps.

Don't know if related but sometimes I get massive processor lag (be it while gaming or just browsing) (system temps are OK), the speakers do the weirdest and scariest BR-R-R noise you can imagine. It only lasts for like 2 seconds. BSODs also do that weird noise most of the times.

I can't remember all the BSOD I've had but Kernel Security Check Failure (minidump file here) and IRQL_NOT_LES_OR_EQUAL come to mind. Sometimes screen will turn black and I have to hard reset the device as well. I've tried updating all drivers multiple times both from the HP website and the Support Assistant tool but it hasn't solved the issue. Windows is also up to date.

Here's my system:
HP OMEN 15-en0006na (laptop)
BIOS : F.07-09/16/2020
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660Ti
Running Windows 10 Home Version 20H2, OS build 19042.867, Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

The laptop is still in warranty but sadly I'm geographically located far from where it stands so thats not an option.
Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back