Windows 10 Keyboard CTRL key changes font / view size

• Thread starter Thread starter VictorHoong
  • Start date Start date
V

VictorHoong

Hi all

I have a very strange problem with my keyboard. Whenever I press the CTRL key it will alter the font size (if in a text editor like outlook / word / powerpoint) or zoom the window if in a browser (chrome) or some apps (Notepad).

I can resize the window by pressing the CTRL and - key together.

Also if I press the "plus" key I get the same behaviour as they keyboard thinks I'm pressing the CTRL key also. (I am checking by using the On Screen Keyboard (OSK) where pressing the plus key maps causes the CTRL key to light up).

After some own exploration I've been trying to reset my keyboard, however I'm unable to find one that matches my keyboard properly. Presently the OSK looks similary to my actual Keyboard layout except that I don't have the keys on the right (Home/End/Insert etc.) but the mapping is the same - I have the $ on the button for 4. However the \ is above enter - not to the left of Z. See pic of my OSK.

My language setting is English (United Kingdom) and my keyboard is United States - International. I've tried a few other keyboard options that can solve the CTRL key but then map other keys incorrectly.

I have previously used a bluetooth keyboard attached to my laptop and so I have unplugged that and have removed / reinstalled all keyboard devices on the Device Manager (by default it is installing both HID Keyboard device and a Standard P/S2 Keyboard. I've tried updating drivers for both and Windows tells me they are up to date.

I've spent quite a few hours on this and its driving me crazy now! Is there anyone out there that can help me?

Thanks

Victor

Continue reading...

Back