Windows 10 Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

• Thread starter Thread starter AidenLando
  • Start date Start date
A

AidenLando

I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard:

When doing normal tasks (typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc.) my keyboard inputs stutter, when I type a full word the cursor freezes for a second then updates and inputs all of the previous letters I typed. This becomes frustrating because I can't easily go back and correct my typing errors when writing school papers.

Another similar issue: When I am gaming the same stuttering issue above will happen. For example, (this happens with any series of inputs but I will use WASD for example purposes) if I were to spam WASD in any game, my character will stop moving for a second then will execute the spammed series of WASD. Also in game, while I am moving around, i.e. strafing/walking using W and A, both W and A inputs will lock in game causing my character to continually move forward and to the left even when I am not touching the keyboard. It only stops when the key is updated after pressing the locked keys. This same effect applies to all movement keys (WASD, left shift, left ctrl, occasionally spacebar)

I have already tried updating/uninstalling keyboard drivers, changing the USB ports the keyboard is plugged into, trying multiple other keyboards, I have also tried the memory diagnostic check, changing the keyboard repeat delay, used the troubleshoot tool, nothing has worked for me.

I don't know if this is needed but my specs are

MSI ge73 Raider laptop with

i7-8750H

gtx 1060

16 gb ram

256 gb m.2 ssd

1 tb hdd

the keyboard I mainly use is the Razer Blackwidow Elite, but I have tried troubleshooting Corsair K70 Lux, Razer Blackwidow Lite, as well as the keyboard built into the laptop. Please help me

Continue reading...

Back