Windows 10 Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.

• Thread starter Thread starter NitariaRex
  • Start date Start date
N

NitariaRex

So, it's been a few weeks now, and I've been really struggling, but here's to hopping I'm able to find a solution for this.

My keyboard has been acting up really bad, almost making my typing experience impossible to work with, and it's causing me problems as with the current pandemic i'm working from home

most times i press the shift keys or the ctlr keys for a shortcut or anything of the sorts when working with documents, the pc will either not register it at all, or feel like i'm still pressing it even though i've lifted my finger from the key.

Same thing happens with the arrow keys and the caps key, but as i rarely use those it doesn't cause me much distress, but the problem is still there

I'm running the latest version of Win 10, i have all the correct drivers, i've turned Off sticky keys, i got 2 new keyboards within the 2 weeks i've had this problem, (a Razer one and a non brand one), and this issue has not been resolved.

The most weird thing about this is that when I start work, i'm using a vm that has me login to a different user, practically linked to a different pc in the office, which swaps depending on when and who is working at the time, and this issue is translated on the vm-ware as well. Passwords get misstyped because I'm using capitals and symbols, and with the shift key getting stuck I do multiple mistakes and I end up locked.

I did a bit of research and it seems that most people having similar issues were using a laptop, and one popular solution was to disable the trackpad, however I'm on a desktop, so no trackpad here.

one thing I'll add is that for some reason I see my mouse (razer blackwidow) being in the device manager under the keyboards tab, so could this be a conflict somehow?

I'd appreciate any help from ANYONE here, as I've lost quite a bit of cash on the, now useless keyboards I bought out of belief this was a hardware issue, where at this point i'm convinced it's not.

Thank you in advance.

Continue reading...

Back