Windows 10 Korean IME Input Lost Between Apps / Active Window

• Thread starter Thread starter MrsEsterhouse
  • Start date Start date
M

MrsEsterhouse

I have several users that want to type in Korean without having to toggle their desired input method each time they click a hyperlink to go to a new web page or change browser tabs. So far this has been an issue in Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

The process is open a browser, toggle IME with Win+space, toggle Eng/Hangul, input characters for search or login, repeat the toggle for both IME and character when the next location is reached. The user may not even enter info into a webpage, if they had the setting ready to output hangul the click to open a desired link will break the setup.

I have tried numerous configurations going so far as to make Korean the only display and default language, registry edits, and several combinations of keyboard layouts.

My question would be is what I'm trying to accomplish even possible without using a native Korean version of Win10? Is the change that occurs when moving between active windows unavoidable? Seems as though even if the language settings do not appear to have changed in the tray, I have to manually toggle IME and character buttons to regain output in Hangul.

Continue reading...

Back