Windows 10 Korean IME Keyboard issues with Hanja conversion

• Thread starter Thread starter .SiNa.
  • Start date Start date
S

.SiNa.

Hello,

since there were few people with enough expertise on this subject in the German community I shall try my luck over here.

I have downloaded the Korean IME Keyboard on my Windows 10 laptop and left it at the default settings (including ‘Keyboard type 1 with 101 characters’ and ‘2 Beolsik’, whatever these mean). I have also found out that when pressing ‘ctrl (right)’ I can convert the active (underlined or marked) hangeul-characters into hanja.

Now I was expecting that I could convert compound characters and entire words at once, since that makes it easier for the computer to recognize the correct set of hanja, and for the user since they don’t need to scroll through the entire hanja list again and again for every single character.

Especially since this compound conversion was also possible in the Japanese IME. But whenever I type a new hangeul character, the line beneath the previous character vanishes.

Is this a problem concerning my computer? Or maybe a mistake on my part? Or is the option to convert entire words generally not available?

Best regards,

Sina

Continue reading...

Back