Windows 10 Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using “Media Creation Tool”)

• Thread starter Thread starter ghusya
  • Start date Start date
G

ghusya

Re: Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using “Media Creation Tool”)

Hello,

Due to major stalling, instability and hanging of my laptop, I have made a “Windows 10 installation mediaDVD using “Media Creation Tool” from the Microsoft website and have carried out a "Clean Install" by restaring the laptop and pressing the appropriate function key during startup in order to access the boot order and thus select the DVD (i.e. using the the PC's one-time BIOS Boot Menu Key).

In making the Clean Install I deleted all the existing partitions, and thus all my personal data (I hope and think I have successfully backed up my files beforehand).

After this Clean Install of Windows10, the laptop now:

a) still hangs quite a bit at startup when asking the user password;

b) function keys don't work;

c) wifi doesn't seem to work;

d) ethernet connection DOES work and I have connected from another computer using a crossover cable.

The “Windows 10 installation media” DVD was made in french (langue: français, Edition: Windows10, Architecture: 64-bit).

Regrettably, I'm not sure which language was configured when I bought the laptop. However, I did make System Restore Recovery Disks (on 3 DVDs) as one of the first things when I bought the laptop in June 2015.

Q1.
Could it be that the language selection is at the root of the problem?

Q2. Should I make another "clean install" using the System Restore Recovery Disks? If yes, then what is the best way to do this?

Q3. If I make a "clean install" using the System Restore Recovery Disks, then will I be able to find out the language settings when the laptop was new? If yes, then do you have any advice on how precisely to specify the language, country & region in order to make a suitable “Windows 10 installation media” DVD using “Media Creation Tool” so that my computer can work smoothly using Windows 10?

For background info, my laptop was bought in June 2015. The spec is:

- Toshiba Satellite L70-B-130 installed originally with Windows 8 (I immediately upgraded to windows 10 when I bought it).

- Intel i7-4710HQ quad-core 2.5GHz

- 8Gb RAM

- Intel HD Graphics 4600

- AMD Radeon R9 M265X (with 2Gb dedicated memory)

- It was bought in Luxembourg so settings and control panels comes up in English, and it has an Belgian azerty keyboard.

My thanks for any useful help you can provide.

Continue reading...

Back