Windows 10 Laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi after reset

• Thread starter Thread starter RostovNexus
  • Start date Start date
R

RostovNexus

Hello everyone,

Recently, I found that my router wasn't connecting with my laptop or other devices. This sometimes happens overnight, and a quick unplug generally fixes the issue. That, and various other fixes I am used to using, did not work this time. I ended up resetting the router completely and going back in to set it up again. This mostly worked, but my laptop can no longer connect to the Wi-Fi network that I set up again. I will try to go into some detail to see if there could be any solution to this.

After recreating the SSID and related network stuff, the laptop would not connect as it used to. It would say "can't connect to this network" after entering the appropriate security key.
The troubleshooter was not very helpful, but I tried a few things to get it working again.

1. I released and renewed the IP address.

2. I reset the TCP/IP stack,
3. I ensured the Wired and WLAN autoconfigs were running.
4. I uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless network adapter via Device Manager

The laptop can connect to open/free Wi-Fi networks without issue.

My phone and other devices can also connect to my network (the one I'm trying to get the laptop to connect to) without issue. It's just the laptop that cannot.

The troubleshooter sometimes gives me different error messages. Usually "There is a problem with the wireless adapter or access point" but it can also say

"The secureline adapter is disabled" or
"SecureLine doesn't have a valid IP configuration". It's sort of a toss-up which one I will get, and the troubleshooter cannot resolve these issues on its own, so I need to do something, but I don't know what else to do. I was hoping completely removing and reinstalling the network adapter would solve the issue, but no. I did eventually uninstall the network adapter for SecureLine and the program itself, just in case that really was causing an issue, but it did not solve the problem.

To sum up, the laptop will not connect to my wireless network but will connect to other open networks.

Other devices around the place can connect to my wireless network without issue.

My ISP couldn't offer much in the way of assistance. I am thinking I may need a new router, but since it does work with other devices, I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

I am not sure what to do to fix this given that the router works with other devices on this network, and the laptop will connect to other networks but not the one I want it to. Although I am not intimately familiar with all of the settings in my router's setup, nothing looks particularly out of place.

Some of the specific error codes I get from the troubleshooter include an Instance Status Flag of 0x180200a and a Device Manager Status Code of 0. I am not sure if these are of any help to someone more knowledgeable. I can provide additional information if necessary.

Thanks for your time, everyone.

I'm not sure why some of this text has a background color, sorry about that.

Continue reading...

Back