Windows 10 Lenovo Legion T530 / No OS found after upgrade to Window 10 2004

• Thread starter Thread starter TracyII
  • Start date Start date
T

TracyII

I have a Lenovo Legion T530 desktop. After September 2020 Windows Updates, I saw that Version 2004 was finally ready for my platform. I have 2 other system in the house a Dell XPS desktop and Dell XPS laptop which I had already upgrade to Version 2004 earlier last month.
I kicked off the upgrade and when I came back I got this:
>>Checking Media Presence.....
>>Media Present.....
>>Start PXE over IPv4

I went into BIOS and disable the boot from network and then got:
Error 1962: No operation system found. Boot sequence will automatically repeat.

The BIOS shows that first device it boots to M.2 KBG30ZMT 128GB Toshiba is present and the SATA is also there.

I even did the whole enable CSM, boot Auto, UEFI First -- Originally, CSM disable - UEFI Only -- nothing changed, as expected

I boot the recovery USB, and try the repair, nothing. Drop to command line and use DISKPART to see if the disks are there.

DISKPART shows the 1TB SATA drive (C:), the DVD drive, and of course the USB recovery but not SSD. Not sure if DISKPART sees SSD or not. I don't use DISKPART a lot.

So question, system was running perfectly until I told it to update to Windows 10 v2004 and on the reboot, cannot boot to SSD. Corrupt boot on the SSD caused by the update? Maybe it really wasn't ready for Lenovo Legion T530. Since this is a large desktop, never get bumped, area not prone to earthquakes, no kids to muck about -- how could a cable come loose with just a reboot, so I've not check the cabling. It's a large desktop so checking cables is not a minor task.

Ideas? Can a SSD just go bad in an instant? I have backups, I can get my data off the SATA just fine. Just want to know if I should get a new SSD or if there's something about Windows 10 v.2004 I don't know and should avoid.

Continue reading...

Back