Windows 10 Lenovo USB-C 3.0 Hub with Realtek GB Ethernet, Ethernet not working on Lenovo Flex 5 with Windows 10 Pro

• Thread starter Thread starter Stephen Q Sharp
  • Start date Start date
S

Stephen Q Sharp

I plug in the Lenovo USB-C C506 USB 3.0 hub + Gigabit Ethernet (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0761RZ5WJ). The USB portion works fine.

For the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet section, first it enumerates the USB device with a yellow triangle exclamation point, then it drops the device, then it re-enumerates it but it is hidden. It shows a Code 45, “the hardware device is not connected to the computer.” I have downloaded the driver for the device and tried installing the driver manually but it doesn’t help. Yes, I’ve rebooted, removed and reinstalled the device and the driver multiple times, to no avail. The laptop is a Lenovo Flex 5 Core i7. The network cable is fine and another computer connects, via its internal Ethernet card, using the same cable, just fine.

Upon Connecting Device it enumerates: It drops the device and re-enumerates but it is hidden:

NRtdqtqQBbmQ9xlKGsjew96peQ7Twjw8ZjWVnjeSO-Ep1aogC4RNuEhFdZ5pQgenNDRjg1AzMGroTyxgnb6PI-jeHSESt6r0rtoaKUDNKVfxZRj60kr7NY1u_UWrnjvrY_YFyuw

oyUSJrUZPLDkCtqNyrvuMs0HCQ4EwL8I1_Or0HhKKkI938j83t01cdjiR61iBF___qLMiQaZlb1wgQj0el5WKdaTh1nZQ1gCR5J2KzUbxKDvMIfPpqbuDP9_npdycb6kJWFHfhE

Continue reading...

Back