Windows 10 Less than half of my 16gb installed RAM is "available" for my system

• Thread starter Thread starter Campbell180
  • Start date Start date
C

Campbell180

Hi guys,

first of all I want you to know that I built my new PC a few days ago and installed Windows 10 Home. I had previously owned a microsoft laptop, so I was fairly used to getting around the operating system, and set about installing some games. The rig has a 1050ti, Ryzen 5 1500x, and 16gb of HyperX Fury RAM.

My first problem arose when I launched Just Cause 3 and a "Low Memory" warning popped up. This made absolutely no sense, since 16gb is enough to handle most recent AAA games, but when I went into settings and checked my RAM details - It says

"Installed RAM - 16.0gb (7.93gb usable)."

I checked my motherboard manual to see if I had installed the RAM in the wrong slots, but it was all correct. My bios says there should be 16gb of ram for my system, and I even checked the barcode on my shipment to make sure I'd ordered the right sticks.

Windows 10, for some reason, thinks that 7.93gb is the maximum ram I can use, even after paying $200 for 16gb.

I'm pretty sure this is a software error, if not I might have to pull apart my computer again and check. Anyone know what's going on?

Continue reading...

Back