Windows 10 Licensing - Home VDI with MS Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter Fis-cz
  • Start date Start date
F

Fis-cz

Hello,

I would like to build home virtualization server. I want to have (at least) two virtual guests running Windows 10 (ideally home edition). These guests will be running on KVM-QEMU (so type 1 hypervisor) and will be accessed remotely from various devices, such as Windows notebooks, Macbooks, iPads, iPhones, Android tablets or Android phones (it is hard to say at this time as devices are changing quiet often). The protocol to access these workstations will be SPICE and NVidia Gamestream. As far as I understand, this is regular virtual desktop infrastructure.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any information, how to license Win 10 to be running on virtual guest in home environment.

As far as I understand it is not possible to use OEM or FPP, only volume licensed products through Select / Enterprise / Open License / Open Value subscriptions, or through Windows VDA respectively, or in combination of both. It seems to me that all of these subscriptions are for companies only, not for personal use. Moreover, would be bit expensive for home environment to license lets say 4 or 5 devices $100 a year while there is no any income generated on them and they will be used just personally, not for business.

Is there any legal and compared to VDA cheap solution to achieve the solution I would like to build?

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back