Windows 10 LiveKernelEvent 141, BSODs + Fuzzy Blue/Red Squares Crash

• Thread starter Thread starter Kieran.E
  • Start date Start date
K

Kieran.E

Hi there,

Last summer I upgraded from an MSI GTX 750 Ti to an MSI GTX 980 Ti.

I'm running an Intel Core i7-4770 CPU with a Gigabyte H87M-HD3 Motherboard. I have 16GB of DDR3 RAM.

Since that time, I have been experiencing intermittent crashes where blue squares appear on my monitor and all applications (usually a game) crash. I used reliability monitor awhile back to find out that a LiveKernelEvent 141 occurs just before I crash.

I have attempted the following:

1. Underclocked 100Mhz on MSI Afterburner

2. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Graphics Card Drivers (both via normal means and extreme - DDU)

3. Changed out PSU from a 500W to a 750W

4. Updated BIOS from F8 to F10

5. Swapped RAM Slots (something I heard about)

6. Uninstalled and Reinstalled MSI Afterburner

7. Enabled MSMQ - I noticed in event viewer that MSMQ stops working frequently and have taken a somewhat holistic approach to fixing this issue :)

8. Ran stress tests with FurMark - cannot replicate the crash in these stress tests.

Sometimes I go a couple weeks without a crash after attempting something. Sometimes I get 6 in a day.

Most recently, I experienced the same squares but in a red colour while playing PUBG. Upon crashing, I had a BSOD that told me NTFS.sys stopped working. I'm not entirely sure, but I did read online that this may be associated with a corrupt driver. I seem to have a few events in event viewer with this information:

\Device\Video3

NVRM: Graphics TEX Exception on (GPC 0, TPC 2): TEX FORMAT

I'm not the most clued up on this unfortunately. If you need more information, I'd love to walk through some steps to ascertain what exact problem I'm experiencing.

Hope someone can help.

Continue reading...