Windows 10 Lock and login screen background is a flat blue color, and my attempts to enable Windows Spotlight aren't applied

• Thread starter Thread starter brasan9
  • Start date Start date
B

brasan9

Hi, the background on my lock and login screen has been a simple blue color since i first created the account (Despite my preview window in the settings showing that there should be an image as background, not that blue color), and i want to change it to using Windows Spotlight to get some actual images there. However when i try and switch the background settings from "image" to "windows spotlight" then the change isn't applied and if i reopen the settings window then it has reverted back to its original setting. The option to get facts and such on the login screen is also not saved if i try to enable it.

Disabling the option that makes the lock screen and login screen use the same image, and then manually changing the background image in the settings from whatever default image it chose will make the image appear properly on the lock screen, but the login screen will still have a flat blue color as its background image and i still can't enable windows spotlight.

Rebooting and updating windows has not made any improvements. Any help with making my background images work properly would be highly appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back