Windows 10 Login screen won't show when clicking on lockscreen after updating to Win 10 Creators Update

• Thread starter Thread starter StimpsonJC
  • Start date Start date
S

StimpsonJC

Dear community,

I've got a serious problem after upgrading my wife's Lenovo U330p from Windows 10 Anniversary Update to Creators Update. I connected the laptop to a power outlet and started the Microsoft Update Assistant before I went to bed. When my wife tried to start her computer the next morning, it would boot up to the lockscreen.

After pressing a key or clicking on it, the lockscreen starts to move upwards as usual, than there is a green screen flashing through and then it heads right back to the lockscreen.

If I press ctr alt del it's the same behavior.

When I start the laptop via a Windows 10 CU usb stick it tells me that it seems that I started an update and accidentally booted from the installation disk.

My guess is that the update somehow wasn't finished and is now stuck in a loop. When the lockscreen starts to move you can see the cursor for a second and the blue loading wheel of windows 10 flashing right to it.

What is really annoying is that I don't have the option for resetting my pc when I boot from usb stick. The is no restoration point so I can't use that option either. And Start-up Repair stops with an error.

If I use a command prompt I can see all of my wifes files. So hopefully it would be possible to copy them to an external harddrive that way. But doing a complete clean install can't possibly be the only way to deal with this issue?

Btw: the same upgrade process on my Lenovo Z 50 worked like a charm.

Grateful for every tipp.

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back