Windows 10 Looking for an alternative to File Explorer so that I can see X-Large images on my UHD (mine is 3840 X 2860) and When are Microsoft going to fix this

• Thread starter Thread starter ChristinaZDennis
  • Start date Start date
C

ChristinaZDennis

One of the really, really basic things Windows used to be able to do in File Explorer was display images in a myriad of ways (Small, Large, X-Large, Details, Content, Tiles etc). File Explorer did its job well on the Low Res screens we used to own but now we have the luxury of UHD screens (mine is 3840 X 2160) and File Explorer appears to have experienced some sort of "brain f*rt" (a stroke?) and refuses to do its job properly.

I use my Laptop for many hours a day mainly working with photos and other images so it is with sadness that I have had to lower my screen resolution to be able to view images (and actually see what it is. Of course the images/photos etc are somewhat blurry and not the beautiful crystal clear that we know our lovely UHD screens can do. This is somewhat an insult to the many thousands of people around the world who make UHD displays/screens, monitors possible. We, the Users, are left with a choice, either look at tiny icons at high resolution or X-Large icons at low resolution. Neither of these are acceptable. Microsoft has taken away very useful functionality and it would seem that future Research & Development in Windows will be in the backwards direction.

It is sort of like a 12 year old who suddenly can't/won’t add two simple numbers together - a skill learned at age 5. Hey Microsoft, what is the problem? Is there a Fix coming for this? If so, then when can we expect it? If not WHY NOT? In the meantime how about a nice little App or work-around so that we can make use of our beautiful “new” screens although mine is now 3 years old. Does anyone out there know of an App which in effect replaces File Explorer and will give us the display we ask for? If so please let us all know as it seems there are a LOT of people out there who are peeved about this.

This problem has been known for at least the last 4 years (as evidenced by the fact that Users have been discussing this in the many, many Windows Forums discussed in many forums for years) and I for one want a definitive answer.

1. When will it be fixed

2. What App or work-around can I use while Microsoft works feverishly on a fix or just twiddles its fingers regarding this problem. This one is very important to me - I am old and glasses do not help me with this problem and that is why I spent a ridiculous amount of money a UHD laptop.

I await your answer with bated breath,

Christina Dennis

Continue reading...

Back