Windows 10 Major camera problem for built-in cameras (desktop & laptop). Camera works with apps but on Zoom is dropped after a few minutes & video out stops. Mu

• Thread starter Thread starter Brom Nader
  • Start date Start date
B

Brom Nader

PLEASE HELP! LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.

This problem starts when Windows 10 is updated to the latest version.

I purchased a Lenovo A540 all-in-one desktop with a built-in camera in November 2020. Comes with the latest Windows 10.

Camera seems to work in all apps. But in zoom video comes on for a short while, then it drops the video after a few minutes and video is turned off. I turn video back on, and again, video is dropped after a few random minutes. I have to manually turn the video on at least 10 times, during a single zoom call.

This is no longer funny. Why has Microsoft NOT FIXED THIS PROBLEM or at least tell us HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? THOUSANDS of people are suffering from this bug.

Privacy for Zoom has been turned on, and zoom has access to the integrated camera. The instruction to go to Lenovo Vantage and turn privacy off does not work either. There is no privacy button in Lenovo Vantage. Updating driver does not help, it says I have the latest drivers. The instruction to change the registry does not help. Makes no difference. I don't have an anti-virus except for Windows Defender. Turning Defender off makes no difference.

The camera seems to work normally otherwise.

PLEASE HELP!

Continue reading...

Back