Windows 10 Major stuttering a few minutes after boot

• Thread starter Thread starter Bongert
  • Start date Start date
B

Bongert

I want to make sure to give as much info as possible so this will be a bit long but bear with me.
Up until recently i had a PC with these parts. I've used it for a year with no problems at all. Only very rare and minor stuttering nothing major. Recently I've bought a new PC that essentially switches out all the old parts except the storage. When I built my new PC i didn't do a fresh install of Windows but just installed my old boot device as is. At first it ran fine but i had that weird issue where after the first boot of the day i would get constant stuttering in and outside of games affecting video and audio. The issue was easily resolved by just restarting the PC. I was told that me not doing a fresh install of windows, keeping all my old drivers and stuff could lead to some issues, so i tried to manually delete all old drivers. To no effect sadly, the stuttering persisted. After that i tried doing a reinstall of windows where i would still keep all my files but that didn't help either. In fact it made the problem worse, as now after running the PC from around 14:00 where I would boot the PC for the first time, get the stutter and then restart it, up until around 23:00 of no issues the stutter would suddenly reintroduce itself, whereas before it wouldn't happen again for that day after a restart. I tried some more tips i found online, updating the drivers, reinstalling the Memory, disabling A-XMP, all didn't work and with each reboot the problem got worse and worse where now after every boot and every restart the PC would always stutter maybe 5 to 10 minutes after booting. The only other thing i could try but want to avoid until nothing else works would be to completely reinstall windows and wiping all my data. Is there anything else I can try? I'm at my wits end.

Edit: I should maybe add that i use a secondary GPU that isn't listed in my new parts list. Its an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 that i use for my second monitor. i tried unplugging it and rebooting but that didn't do anything either. I also had that GPU in my old pc as well and it didn't cause issues there either so that shouldn't be the problem.

Edit2: Another issue i forgot to add is that since the stuttering has worsened my pc takes around 5 minutes to restart only to result in a bluescreen and then restarting again this time normally. Shutting down also takes way longer than usual but i usually just long press the power button to force a shutdown.

Continue reading...