Windows 10 Memory Management BSOD dxgkrnl.sys

• Thread starter Thread starter Soort
  • Start date Start date
S

Soort

Hello,

I bought a new Motherboard along with a CPU. It's a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 7 3700x, upgraded from a Asus Gaming Pro Z170 and I5 6600K.

My other components are those:

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

Ryzen 7 3700x

Gtx 1060 6GB ROG STRIX
Corsair RM650x Power supply
Crucial MX300 525GB SSD
Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz C15 --- Replaced with G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2x8GB 3200Mhz c16

I had Memory Management BSOD 3 weeks ago, The blue screen actually started when i replaced my MB and CPU. First i tried to do a Memory Diagnostic Tool Test but i was still getting a Memory Management BSOD while trying to do it (tried atleast 5 times). After that i tried to test them one by one, i was not having any problems. Somehow the error was causing when i had 2 sticks of ram plugged on the Motherboard. So what i've done is formatted all my disks and did a new clean windows install, because i heard that old drivers can cause the error. After still having the same BSOD i asked a friend of mine to bring his RAM to see if the problem persists. We placed it, did a bios update and also opened XMP Profile in BIOS. Then i did a Memory Diagnostic Tool Test and i had no errors and BSOD.

My rams are tested on my friends setup and had no errors either.

Until today i had another Memory Management BSOD caused by dxgkrnl.sys.

I updated again to the latest BIOS after the error. But i would like to know what dxgkrnl.sys is and why it's causing for the error. I would like to fix this problem.

DumpFile:

Continue reading...