Windows 10 Mic recording volume very low, high pitched whining

• Thread starter Thread starter RyanHibbs
  • Start date Start date
R

RyanHibbs

I bought a Neewer NW-800 mic and was using it on this computer for a while. I bought a new HD and installed Win 10 Pro (version 1909) on the drive and the mic wasn't working properly. There was a high pitched whining sound that wasn't there before and my voice volume became very low and barely audible over the whining. I looked into my old drive and saw that there was a third party program that was used to manage the audio, HD VDeck, so I found it and installed it and it worked great, fixed all the recording problems and gave great quality. Well, I tried to open it today and nothing happened. Just a spinning circle and nothing opened. I completely uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and the same exact thing happened (won't open), and any recordings are back to the whining sound and low volume. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the audio drivers, nothing fixed it. I'm at a loss of what I should do. Windows is fully updated and all drivers in device manager show as being the best option.

Continue reading...

Back