Windows 10 Micro SD card has to be assigned letter everytime plugged in, still shows in file explorer upon unpluggin.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gage Iannitelli
  • Start date Start date
G

Gage Iannitelli

I have a micro sd card that's acting very funkily. To start, whenever it's plugged in, the windows device-connected sound plays, but it doesn't show up in file explorer along with my ssd and hard drive. To fix this, I have to go into disk management and it shows up as disk 1 partition 3, and i have to assign it a letter. Afterwards, then it shows up in my file explorer. Looking through and managing files works just fine.

Upon unplugging, it makes the device-disconnected windows sound, but it still shows in my file explorer and upon clicking on it, it says

The only way for me to remove this from my list of devices and drives is to restart my computer.

If I want to plug it into my computer again, the cycle continues from the top. Is this a problem with the sd card? Or maybe a problem with windows? I have another different brand micro sd card that works just fine with the same sd card reader, so it's not the reader's problem.

Continue reading...

Back