Windows 10 Microft Account Windows 10 login repeatedly complains about incorrect password on Win 10 login after changing password 5 times!

• Thread starter Thread starter AlanHolm
  • Start date Start date
A

AlanHolm

The latest of 5 (minutes apart, totally unnecessary - I had the correct new passwords each time) "forgot password" MS Account password changes, DID get me logged in HERE - but NOT at the Win 10 login on this notebook - after I had to resort to creating a new LOCAL user workaround and logging in with that - while it was NOT yet linked to my MS Account!

I need advice on how to REMOVE this TOTALLY USELESS and utterly FRUSTRATING Microsoft Account login in Win 10 to instead revert to just a simple local login, on this notebook, PLEASE.

I may not be able to login again on this notebook, even with the new login name, now that I was forced to change to MS Account to be able to communicate here, (that's also totally unnecessary if it forces my local login name to again become an unusable MS Account login) from the new local login I eventually managed to create to access this notebook eventually (using a workaround).

So, please reply directly to alanh @ ainet . co . za - my MS Account email address (separated here for BOT email scrapers) - since, due to the nature of my locked out problem on this notebook, I may never see a reply to this forum (but I can access my email on my PC - (which I fortunately changed to login with a PIN, so, I don't have this rediculous INCORRECT PASSWORD for the actually CORRECT PASSWORD that this miserable MS Account Win 10 login keeps messing up).

BTW - This notebook is VERY SLOW (Lenovo G50 i5) - which may well contribute to the problem - (but surely slow responses should be catered for)!

I did ONCE manage to log in, (after about the second "password change") - but had to reboot to complete a sw upgrade and then the "incorrect password" issue kept recurring for several new correct passwords, after several "forgot password" alledgedly successful MS Account password changes - (although strangely, the last changed password DID get me logged in here, as I said, even though it was "incorrect" for the win 10 login on this notebook)!

Weird.

Your help with getting back access to my normal account on this notebook by getting my NON-FUNCTIONING MS Account Win 10 login changed back to ONLY LOCAL login with your kind assistance, will really be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, in anticipation of some expert workaround assistance to get rid of this non-functional MS Account Win 10 login on this notebook!

Regards,

Alan Holm

PS - You can also try CCing my Gmail account? alan . holm @ gmail . com
(I sometimes find some systems are incapable of accepting .co.za email addresses as valid email addresses, due to ignorant programming).

Continue reading...