Windows 10 Microphone is not working after recent update

• Thread starter Thread starter Mark_Taylor_23
  • Start date Start date
M

Mark_Taylor_23

I am running Windows 10 version 1909 (64-bit) on an ASUS TP501UA. I believe my audio driver used to be Realtek or possibly Synaptics. After a recent update, my computer downloaded a driver from Conexant which seems to have taken over for my audio. This problem started at the same time when that Conexant driver was downloaded. (My speakers work fine, no issues there.)

When I try to use my microphone with Cortana or in Microsoft Teams, it works perfectly fine. In the Sound Settings & Control Panel, it also registers that my microphone is picking up sound. (In the Control Panel, I have the microphone volume set to 100, and I have tried putting the microphone boost at every value available to me between 0 and +36 dB.) However, if I am using any other application at all on my computer (Chrome, Zoom, Camera, Voice Recorder, etc...), my computer fails to pick up audio.

I have also tried uninstalling the microphone device and restarting, but no luck.

I have also tried using a headset plugged into my headphone jack, and gotten the exact same results; it will work in Teams, but nowhere else. So, I am pretty sure that this is perhaps some sort of driver issue, not a hardware issue.

I have tried to go back and install the Realtek audio driver, but the computer does not want to let me update the driver and change it away from Conexant.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Continue reading...