Windows 10 Microphone Shows on Recording Devices but Doesn't Pick Up Sound (No green bars) (Solved)

• Thread starter Thread starter Matt_FMT
  • Start date Start date
M

Matt_FMT

I've spent two days trying to reslove this issue now and I've given up and resorted to asking for help. Im not sure when this problem started as i haven't used a microphone on my computer for a couple of weeks. So im not sure if it was a windows update that has caused the problem or something i've done.

My computer is detecting my headset under recording devices but does not pick up any microphone input (no green bars). However if i go into headset properties in recording devices, Listen tab and turn on 'listen to this device' i can hear my voice. If I leave 'listen to this device' turned on then go back to recordings devices the green bars show up in line with my voice, but then when i uncheck 'listen to this device' the green bars disappear again. Discord or steam do not pickup mic input regardless if i turn 'listen to this device' on or off. I've tried multiple microphones and they all have the same problem. I've tried using front and rear microphone jack's as well as the wireless usb dongle for my heaset and again they've all had the same issue. I've checked the microphones on a different computer and they work fine. Basically im losing my mind and any help would be greatly appreciated,

Matt

Things ive tried so far:

All the basics - restarting, switching between recording devices, checking Disabled and Disconnected Devices etc

Updating the Realtek HD Driver

Deleting Realtek HD Drivers from the device manager and then having windows re-install drivers when I reboot

Defaulting to the windows driver instead of the realtek driver

Re-installing corsair Drivers for my headset

System

Processor: Intel i5-3570k - 3.4GHz

Edition: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Version:1803

Build: 17134.81

Realtek HD Driver Version: 6.0.1.8186

headset: Corsair H2100 wireless (usb)

Continue reading...

Back