Windows 10 Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse RJN-00001 idle time and lag on wake

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Sadrino
  • Start date Start date
M

Mr.Sadrino

System Spec

- Windows 10 Version 2004 ( Build 19041.450 )

- Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center 12

Devices

- Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse RJN-00001

- Bluetooth dongle ( Generic Bluetooth Radio ) Version 04, LMP 06

Hello, I am currently using your latest Microsoft Bluetooth mouse for my PC.

I am finding that every 10 to 20 seconds idle, the cursor freezes for a slight seconds, therefore really disrupting my experience while using the mouse. I looked into the forums and found that it has got to do with power saving in device manager, so I untick the boxes that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in every devices that has power saving tab in device manager, included are:

- Human Interface Devices ( Bluetooth Low Energy GATT Compliant Device & USB Input Device )

- Universal Serial Bus Controllers ( Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft), USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) )

- I even change the startup type of Bluetooth Support Service in the service manager App to "Automatic" from "Manual".

- I also disable USB selective suspend in the advanced settings of power plan.

- I did perform a clean boot installation twice

None of the above method works to eliminate the slight freezing on the cursor. that means the mouse still sleep after 20 seconds of inactivity

Questions:

- Does this power saving feature is hardcoded into the mouse firmware ?

- Will Microsoft application such as Mouse & Keyboard Center provide a feature to disable this power saving manually in the future ?
- Is there any workaround to eliminate its power saving feature ?

Thank you

Continue reading...

Back