Windows 10 Microsoft, can you please re-implement GUI themes, for Win 10?

• Thread starter Thread starter U#Interface#74
  • Start date Start date
U

U#Interface#74

Hi folks,

I was looking online for information about the possibility of MS backtracking on their decision not to allow GUI themes for Windows 10, by giving their customers what they want - GUI Themes,.. GUI themes like the full Aero Glass, ala Win 7, (plus other GUI themes too of course). Just to be perfectly clear, I am not referring to 'wallpaper' themes like MS have already - anyone can set a wallpaper. :)

In addition to setting GUI themes, it'd be very nice to be able to set blur, opacity, 'reflect' graphics (you know, when you moved a window across the screen, there was a 'shine' that moved as if reflecting) and things like that which made the graphical user interface in Win 7 so very appealing.

My question is: Who's the best/right person at Microsoft HQ who's got the power to ultimately get GUI themes re-implemented into W10, to give MANY paying customers what they've been asking for, for what's really been a long time? Can they be persuaded to reverse their earlier decision? I hope so - many people would like them to, right?! :)

Is there any hope graphical user interface themes could be re-implemented into Win 10 anytime soon?

In my humble opinion, the ultra-simplistic tiles get boring very fast, plus they're not as easy on the eye as 'glass' themed window borders etc.

Continue reading...

Back