Windows 10 Microsoft OneNote keeps freezing after update KB4345421 (OS Build 17134.167)

• Thread starter Thread starter Cholo Cordeta
  • Start date Start date
C

Cholo Cordeta

So i updated my Surface Pro 4 two days ago (July 20, 2018) KB4345421 (OS Build 17134.167)

I use my Surface for school with Microsoft OneNote 2016. I have never had an issue with OneNote 2016 until the most recent update (KB4345421 (OS Build 17134.167)

While I'm writing on the tablet, the software OneNote would just randomly freeze and it would freeze for about 10 - 15 seconds (it would say "Not Responding" on the top window of OneNote) and then it would go back to normal. This is very annoying, this incident cuts my work flow and adds more time to my work.

I've noticed that it only freezes when I'm writing with the stylus on OneNote.

I've tried typing in my notes for like 15 - 20 minutes and it didn't freeze

The software doesn't freeze if I'm not doing anything.
I also noticed that it freezes during or around the time when the notebook is syncing. i know this because i see the little sync icon on the top left pop-up when its about to freeze or i see the sync icon pop-up right after when the freezing is done and goes back to normal.

the software freezes numerous times. if i has to guess how many times it freezes i would say maybe 10 - 15 times within 30 minutes.

This has been so annoying to the point where I have uninstalled and do a clean install of MS Office 3 times, and the problem is still there.

(I've deleted all the directory folders that associated with MS Office from: Program files; ProgramData; user/AppData after the uninstallation process)

The Problem is still there.

I got so annoyed of the situation where i did a clean install of Windows on my Surface Pro 4 thinking it was my device but no the problem is still there.

Continue reading...

Back