Windows 10 Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

• Thread starter Thread starter Noel Quah
  • Start date Start date
N

Noel Quah

Hi,

Ever since an update with windows around June, I have noticed that my Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse behaving erratically.

1) The smart switch feature has been slower than before.

2) My macros has been back to default.

It was not a problem for me until I opened up Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center recently and noticed that my mouse cannot be detected by the program. The error message is as follows:

"

NO SUPPORTED DEVICE DETECTED.

If you have a supported Microsoft device, please plug the USB connector into a different USB port on your computer. If this issue persists, please check Troubleshooting device setup.

If you have a Bluetooth device, you must first set up the Bluetooth connection in Settings.

"

At times, the Mouse and Keyboard Center will detect my mouse for 10-15 seconds and then disconnects within the program- this will repeat itself indefinitely until it causes my PC to shut down with a chance to trigger a bluescreen and windows repair mode. The issue is consistent to both my laptop (Microsoft Surface Book 2) and desktop (Custom) with Mouse and Keyboard Center versions 13.222 and 2.3.188. I am forced to uninstall the software as the software reboots itself on boot up and goes back into the loop automatically whenever my mouse is turned on.

I have tried all the troubleshooting procedures provided in the error message above, which I believe is a generic one and I am still unable to resolve this matter. Do note however, that my precision mouse pairs and work normally via bluetooth across all my devices. Hence, I have doubts that it is a hardware issue. I am only unable to fully utilize the full suite of the precision mouse features since the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center cannot detect my mouse correctly.

Please advise if there are any solutions.

Continue reading...

Back