Windows 10 Microsoft Print to PDF and custom page size

• Thread starter Thread starter Bukowski.JD
  • Start date Start date
B

Bukowski.JD

I am using the Microsoft Print to PDF driver. I need to print to 15"x22", but custom sizes are not an option (!). I'm looking for a solution.

So far I have run into the following dead-ends, so I would appreciate other suggestions:

1) Modify the Microsoft GPD file to allow custom sizes. Unfortunately, my computer is locked down and I don't have the required Administrator privileges to modify files in C:\Windows\System32\spool\V4Dirs.

2) Install CutePDF. Unfortunately, the driver installation fails for lack of Administrator privileges.

3) Install SolidPDFCreator. Unfortunately, the driver hangs during printing.

4) Install some other sketchy PDF print driver. No thanks, but willing to listen to recommendations for trustworthy 3rd party software.

5) Send feedback to Microsoft via the Windows Feedback app, to get the driver problem solved in Windows 13 or 14. Unfortunately, my IT Administrator has blocked the Windows Store. (If someone wants to offer the feedback for me, please do. As far as I can see, Microsoft simply lacked imagination when writing the GPD file. It just needs some additional text to allow custom and to define typical sizes like ARCH series, ANSI series, and ISO 218 A series. Really, guys, way to phone it in.)

Thanks for any suggestions,

Justin

Continue reading...