Windows 10 Microsoft Store among other Microsoft apps are instantly crashing when trying to launch the apps.

• Thread starter Thread starter johndoe_825
  • Start date Start date
J

johndoe_825

Hello and thank you for taking your time to read this. I have been having this problem for a couple months now where the Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Pass (PC version) and the Microsoft calculator crash instantly after launching the program with no error message. There are options I have tried to see if I could fix the problem after terminating and resetting the apps in the settings menu as well as checking my windows (10.0.19041 windows version --- as of Friday September 11th 2020) to see if it was up to date as well as my drivers which they both were.

I started with WSReset.exe as an admin the Microsoft store however once finished it said " ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches The app didn't start"

Then I did a Microsoft app troubleshoot and it gave me this error message. " Net HELPMSG 2182" With a problem the Bit service.

After I did that I looked up a way to reset the Microsoft store via powershell administrator Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”}

Y
et when I launch the command it says it cannot find the path when I look at the path it showed I saw the windows files and all the data windows had so I don't know why it came up with an error but I don't know much anything about powershell.

I also checked to see if my time and date were set automatically to the right time zone since I heard that can be the problem of the Microsoft Store crashing and it was at the correct time zone.

Lastly I did a try to revert back to a previous windows version (I didn't know what else to think of) to see that specific windows version was the problem and that created an error where it made me do a PC reset which didn't fix the problem as well.

This was going on for around three months of me trying to fix it on and off and I probably forgot a few things I have tried but I hope that these are enough for you to understand what problem I am having and know of a solution.

Thank you for your time to read this and any and all help is appreciated and if you need more information to come to an understanding and or solution of the problem please let me know. Have a good day.

Continue reading...