Windows 10 Microsoft Store either not downloading or very slow download speed

• Thread starter Thread starter PeterSchneider1
  • Start date Start date
P

PeterSchneider1

Hello everyone

I am trying to download a game from Microsoft Store with 1.4 GB size. It has been two days and the download has not finished. Also when I pause and resume the download then sometimes the download restarts from zero.

1. There is no progress bar or percentage that shows how far the download process is. Only how many MB have been downloaded. Sometimes under the file size there is a speed indicator that shows the current download speed (which is the optimum speed and I am very happy with it). Then after a few moments it disappears and the download gets stuck. I know the download has stopped because the "downloaded size" does not change at all and also using Task Manager I can see that current traffic is zero. In addition Resource Monitor also shows zero traffic.
  2. There is no problem with the internet connection since I have checked speedtest sites and actually downloaded random files from google (using chrome integrated download manager and Internet download manager). IDM had about 1 MB/s and chrome a little less as usual.
  3. I visited many pages that claim they have the solution to this problem. Below are the steps that I did.
  • used troubleshooter on both windows update and Microsoft store. Didn't find any problems.
  • did logout and login again.
  • disconnected all other devices and checked that nothing is downloading in background. Used Task manager and checked the WiFi tab. (Send and Receive are both at zero or max 10 kbps)
  • on Delivery Optimization checked "allow downloads from other pcs on the internet" to get download speed similar to torrent (I think this is correct)
  • Put the "Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading ...." limit to 100% both download and upload to 100%
  • no proxy server , no vpn . DNS is default.
  • Did reset MS store using PowerShell command
  • disabled Firewall on both Windows Defender and Avast Premium
  • cleared temp files (deleted the folder "SoftwareDistribution" )
  • some homepages claim that wrong date, time and Timezone may be the reason. Changed them all to "set automatically".
  • did "wsreset"
  • Reinstalling Windows is not an option. The game is not worth it.

These are the steps that I can remember.

While I was writing this long question, the download of the game got stuck 3 times. Started from the beginning two times and managed to resume download only once. But at least the blue progress bar is visible now.

Hope you can help me solve this problem.

Continue reading...