Windows 10 Microsoft Store will not open / Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter MulishaMoose
  • Start date Start date
M

MulishaMoose

Hello All,

I have been recently plagued with an issue on my PC where I cannot get the Microsoft store to launch under any circumstances..

There was one point (months ago) where I was able to launch the store but it would not let me select which drive I wanted to install any downloads on (eg; Install on C: or F: it would not let me specify).

I started working on a fix for the "designating which drive I want to install" in the course of looking for fixes, I broke something even further and now the MS Store will not open no matter how many times I have clicked on it.

Full Disclosure.. I tried every fix on the internet that I could find even to the point of editing things in the registry.. (which I know nothing about, just followed guides) but I was desperate and had tried over 2 dozen fixes at that point..

After editing the registry, things absolutely broke on my computer..

SO I resorted to doing a windows reset.. that didnt work..(I tried multiple versions of this) then I did a full scrub and clean of my hard drives (which took about 6 hours) and reinstalled from windows media from the cloud.

Here I am now after the full scrub and things are still broken.. MS Store still will not open.. What are my options now? At this point will I have to haul in my gigantic desktop for someone to fix? Any way I can fix this myself still?

I have tried several fixes just for this issue as well:

- Ran the troubleshooter (Nothing happened)

- Checked Microsoft store install service in "services.msc" and changed it from manual to automatic

- Reset Microsoft store to default settings under "apps & features"

- Uninstalled Microsoft Store using PowerShell Admin "get-appxpackage *WindowsStore* | remove-appxpackage" (which seemed to do nothing because it didn't uninstall)

- Reinstalling MS Store using Powershell Admin and the following prompt

"Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

This prompt just gave me a bold red error within PowerShell..

- Created a new admin account to see if it would maybe work on there.. No luck

- Checked that Windows License Manager service was set to "Manual" under services.msc

- Ran "ncpa.cpl" and changed my preferred DNS Services from Automatic to Manual 8.8.8.8 & 1.1.1.1

I am at my whit's end now.. dont know what else to try..

Continue reading...

Back