Windows 10 Microsoft Store Will Not Open

• Thread starter Thread starter PatricWhitsett1
  • Start date Start date
P

PatricWhitsett1

When I try to open Microsoft Store, nothing happens. I've tried to run it as administrator but again, nothing happens.

Windows Home Edition

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

Here are the things I have done to troubleshoot:

1. Restarting several times
2. Checking for windows updates

3. ran wsreset.exe using the elevated command prompt -- this is the error I got:

ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches

The Appx package's manifest is invalid.

4. Used some instructions from another post suggesting elevated powershell, there were two commands to run but I got an error after the first one.

1st command: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}​

Error: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80080204, The Appx package's manifest is invalid.​

error 0xC00CEE3A: App manifest validation error: The app manifest XML must be valid: Line 1, Column 0, Reason: A​

document must contain exactly one root element.​

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 825a6d86-abc7-0008-440f-5b82c7abd601 in the Event Log or use​

the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 825a6d86-abc7-0008-440f-5b82c7abd601​

At line:1 char:53​

+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...​

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception​

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand​

2nd command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}​

It produced the same error.

5. I then got in touch with an agent through the Get Help menu and they eventually had me reinstall windows from ISO matching my version. The problem persisted through the reinstall, and on top of that, my Start Menu and Search feature don't work either. I've had to install a software to replace the default start menu to get through my day so far.

6. Ensured all windows services were running to the best of my ability.

7. Ensured that I had full range permissions on the C: drive

Any help is appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back