Windows 10 Microsoft Store will not update or install ANY app with error code 0x80080005

• Thread starter Thread starter AngieGreen2
  • Start date Start date
A

AngieGreen2

I will appologize in advance for the length of this post. I am experiencing a couple different issues (one not related to the post title were FOUND due to my troubleshooting of the issues) I have attempted pretty much EVERY fix I have found posted here in the community.

I RARELY use the Microsoft Store app on my Window 10 pro, but found that the only way to get MS One Note FREE version I had to download it from there otherwise it would try to link to a 365 license (I do not have). Because I hardly use the store, I originally had all updates in it turned off. When I opened it, it took a good 3 minutes for it to even open, Task manager doesnt even show it until it finally pops open. Of course the first thing it wanted to do was update all my apps. So I figured I'd go ahead and do it, and it was likely the culprit behind why all my apps (not normal programs just apps like calculator or photo viewer etc) take so long to load in. (I have usually used other programs as replacements for these as again they take so long to load)
One of the updates was for the Microsoft Store itself, so I decided to start with that. It sat on pending, went to aquiring license, then proceeded to give me an error "something unexpected happened" with the code - 0x80080005. The things I have tried are:
1- Logging out and back in
2- Logging out and into the other 2 accounts I have listed on it.
3- Running the Windows Store App troubleshooter (Troubleshooting could not identify the problem)
4-Ran the scf /scannow in CMD (as admin) -"windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations."
5- wsreset.exe (it sticks on an open cmd panel that just stays black and does nothing)
6-Resetting the app through the settings - (apps and advanced options link under microsoft store app) - it runs gives a checkmark but when I open app still will not work.
7-Re-registered microsoft store app for all uses using Powershell ran an administrator with the command: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} then restarted computer - same issue.
8-Update windows - This is where my new issue came in - when I use winver in cmd prompt it informs me I have Version 1803 (OS build 17134.1130) I have applied all the updates and there is no longer a "check for updates" button on the page (and it says "You're up to date" with a green checkmark and last checked today at 12:14am) - HOWEVER when I go to view update history I have "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 Failed to install on 11/21/2019 - 0xc1900101.

I have done ALL of the above steps (and I feel like maybe some more I may have forgotten at this point) atleast 2 times each. I do not have a third party Virus protection, however I do use a VPN and I DID turn off the VPN and attempted the steps again in hopes that would help fix the issues.
I also cleared out alot of my C: drive and move it to my secondary hdd as my main drive is on a 110gb SSD and freed up 40gb as well and attempted the windows updates again (The majority of my other files/programs are saved in my 1tb internal hdd.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would much rather NOT have to reinstall windows if at all possible but if it turns into my only option I guess that will be my next step.

Thanks you in advance for the help!

Continue reading...