Windows 7 MMC could not create the snap-in Win 7 - Have tried all the suggested solution and none worked

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack63SS
  • Start date Start date
J

Jack63SS

I have been battling this issue for a while trying to run Task Manager. I have tried all the suggested solutions and none worked, including updating .NET from 3.5.1 to 4.7.2 and trying all the changes as Administrator. So today I tried to install the snap-in manually using MMC as Administrator. After starting MMC I found that I had no snap-ins installed. When I tried to install some most of them seemed to work, but there were a couple of other snap-ins that failed as well, not just Task Manager. Event Manager, Computer Management and, TPM Management failed, and I did noteven see a snap-in for Task Management. Obviously I got different CLSIDs, but same error message.

So is there a way to un-install and re-install MCC and the snap-ins ? Or any other suggestions, other than upgrade to Win10, which I am trying not to do on this computer (I have it on 2 others already).

Also, not sure if it means anything, but when I try to Enable Windows Communication Foundation non-HTTP Activation under .Net Framework 3.5.1 I get "An error has occurred". Worked okay for HTTP, just not non-HTTP.

Thanks

Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1 with MMC 3.0

Continue reading...

Back