Windows 10 Most likely cause of corrupted system files right after clean install of Windows 10?

• Thread starter Thread starter HG815
  • Start date Start date
H

HG815

I've been getting sporadic BSODs for months and did a complete clean reinstall (all partitions wiped) from the USB but continued to get BSODs. I suspect it may be one of the connected USB devices, a failing USB port, or some other failing hardware like the SSD. Anyway, I configured the system to generate minidump files but they don't get written (there is no minidump folder). The Event Viewer tells me that "windows dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation". I did an SFC scan and it found and repaired corrupted system files.

1. What is the most likely cause of the SFC scan finding corrupted system files right after a clean install of the OS?

2. Is it possible they were always corrupt (something went wrong during installation) and they weren't discovered by the installer during installation? This seems highly unlikely to me.

3. Is a failing SSD a likely cause of the inability to create minidump files after BSODs?

For additional reference, the BSODs were either store exception errors or critical process died errors (but again no minidump files were ever created). And the machine is a Samsung ultrabook with an i7-6700HQ and an SSD running the latest Windows 10 Pro.

Continue reading...

Back