Windows 10 mouse click not working on desktop but works on task bar and elsewhere.

• Thread starter Thread starter BeemerBiker
  • Start date Start date
B

BeemerBiker

First noticed this behavior after logging in with splashtop. The mouse cursor showed the busy pointer when hovering over the desktop. I accessed the system directly (got between chair and keyboard) and observed that I could not click on any shortcut or folder. Task bar was fine. Keyboard ok except for windows key. I could type in the search windows, start Edge or any app, etc. Thinking this was an anomaly in the remote desktop program I restarted splashtop and then found and down loaded a newer version of the streamer. I have used splashtop since it came out and the only problem I have ever seen was the occasional time the caps lock is inverted due to me leaving it on when exiting the connection.

I would like to avoid rebooting as this system provides some network services so I was wondering if there is something I can try to clear up the problem and avoid rebooting.

I tried looking in the event viewer and immediately got a snap-in error when attempting to view "application errors" and the panel closed. A second attempt worked (unlike custom filters) and I saw a lot of "logging" errors. I frequently check evens as this is also a Visual Studio development system and I do no recall seeing any "logging" errors before. I assume this is just a coincidence as there is always a lot of ignorable errors listed especially in "system"

Anyway, if I can get a suggestion in the next hour or so I will try it else I will have to reboot.

svchost (2084,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

Continue reading...

Back