Windows 10 Mouse not working properly on surface studio

• Thread starter Thread starter Paul-Killoe
  • Start date Start date
P

Paul-Killoe

Hi - I have had an issue for past few days where the wireless Microsoft surface mouse on my Microsoft surface studio device is not working properly all of the time. If I click on web links or menu's or apps or items, the mouse is not always registering the click. Sometimes it does, other times it does not and I need to double or triple click a few times to register the click, and there is no pattern to it. I now often have to click twice to get it to click on things rather than the normal single click. I have updated the driver, reviewed all of the settings, battery in the mouse is fine, the single-click option is correctly chosen, and I even removed the troublesome recent Microsoft Windows 10 release KB4535996 but none of this is curing the problem. Even to type this message I am having problems getting the cursor to click to where I want to - I have to click multiple times to get it to register. If I try to double click on a word here to edit it or highlight it, the mouse requires 5 or 6 efforts to get that done. It is an intermittent problem which does not have any pattern. It is causing massive problems in using various design software where clicks/actions are not registering at all at times until I do multiple clicks. Can you advise what I can do to resolve?

Continue reading...