Windows 10 Mouse pointer not working correctly after Windows 10 update to version 1809

• Thread starter Thread starter KarthikRoy
  • Start date Start date
K

KarthikRoy

I have an HP laptop (15 n-006AX) with the following specifications:

1. Processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM)HD Graphics 1.50 GHz
  2. RAM - 4.00 GB (3.47 usable)
  3. Display adaptors - AMD Radeon HD 8330 and AMD Radeon HD 8600M series
    Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
  4. I am also using a Logitech wireless mouse (device manager shows it as an HID-compliant mouse)

It was smoothly running Windows 10 Home Single Language, till I installed the October update. After the installation, my mouse pointer stopped responding as it should. If I move my mouse or touchpad in any direction, the pointer moves and stops midway for a few seconds, and then continues to the remaining movement. In addition to being annoying, it restricts me from selecting texts for highlighting or selecting cells in Excel, both of which I use very frequently. This issue was present in Windows version 1709 but disappeared in version 1803. Since I have tried touchpad and external mouse, this is a software issue. I have also noticed that if I disable any one of my display adaptors, the mouse pointer functions correctly. However, I lose the ability to put my computer to sleep. The start menu only gives me the option to shut down or restart my laptop. Since I am not an expert in computers, I do not know what the other effects are of turning off one of my display adaptors.

All my drivers are up to date with both HP Support Assitant and Windows Update showing that I am up to date. Also, there is an AMD Radeon Setting software installed on my laptop which recognises both the display adapters. When this occurred the first time, I had switched to Ubuntu. I returned when Windows fixed this problem. This time, I am unable to do so because I have to use Microsoft Office and I have an office 365 subscription. Also, all my colleagues use Microsoft Office, and LibreOffice files are not adequately compatible. It would be a great help if anyone could help me resolve this issue.

Continue reading...

Back