Windows 10 Mouse Problems, not found on other forums!

• Thread starter Thread starter Old Marine
  • Start date Start date
O

Old Marine

Happy Holidays!

I have been having problems for the last month or so with my mouse, and can't find the problem.

There is a lot of information on problems with the mouse in Win10, but none are like mine.

The mouse (tried 3 different ones, all compliant, and Naga Hex has been on the machine for years, all are doing the same dumb thing. When clicking anything, (this is also intermittent) it will do a ultra fast double click. This is annoying IF there is a page under the one you want to close, and it closes both pages. Really annoying in email, when hitting the trash so send one away, and since the next message moves up, it disappears as well.

Also, trying to highlight a word, sentence or paragraph to do a copy/paste move, it jumps around in the word, or won't highlight where I want it to, or highlights everything on the screen... Also intermittent.

Trying to drag a folder, or file, it might move it where you want, or it might just move it halfway and drop it, whatever it wants to do.

It will not release a click (like it's still holding the cursor) sometimes, again really annoying when playing my only game, Planets.nu.

Driving me nuts, I have lost entire messages in Gmail, Outlook, any Yahoo due to this kind of problem....

Today I searched devices again, and found an entry for a Razer Cygnosa Color mouse (I do have that keyboard, and had removed the Naga a week or two ago while trying other mice) which I do not have, so removed the device, and restarted the computer. Would not start Windows. I got that fixed easily, it Win was trying to load from the wrong drive. Have had that problem since upgrading to 10 over a year ago.

Didn't fix the mouse problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old Marine Grunt.

Continue reading...

Back