Windows 10 MS Ergonomic keyboard 4000 - Right shift/X does not work

• Thread starter Thread starter hunterdust
  • Start date Start date
H

hunterdust

I don't know how long this has been going on since capital X is not exactly a common letter needed but I noticed the other day that when I try pressing the left shift and x, nothing happens. Left shift + x works fine, but of course, you don't use the left shift when you are pressing the x key.

I also just now noticed that NEITHER shift key works with the 0 key to get the right parentheses, which means I am unable to get that at all. The top right set of keys over the numpad also won't give me either parentheses or the =

I have done all the troubleshooting steps. Changed USB ports, etc. Nothing works. The keyboard is just over a year old. IT HAS already started giving me some other issues. The space bar wasn't working well for awhile, and I noticed it was because how stupidly this keyboard is bade with the rubber button for the keyboard being all on its own. And on my keyboard, it has slipped off its pegs and had slid partly away from the circuit board and wasn't always making a connection. But I have no idea why a shift would work on every key but two. OR why one key would work fine normally, but not with either shift, as the 0 does.

Continue reading...