Windows 10 MX250 graphics card missing from laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter Q.H.
  • Start date Start date
Q

Q.H.

I have a xiaomi mi notebook air 13.3" 2019 variant with mx250 discrete graphics card. I did a fresh install of windows 10 home using media creation tool since the original windows was in chinese. After installing windows and doing the usual windows update, i found that there was no graphics card detected in device manager, not even integrated graphics. So i went on to download drivers prompted by drivereasy. After that, the integrated graphics (Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620) appeared under display adapters, however the mx250 appeared under other devices as 3D Video Controller (or at least im assuming that is the mx250) with the yellow alert sign. Upon inspection of the 3D video controller device status is "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). There are no compatible drivers for this device.". Under events>information it says "Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1D52&SUBSYS_17031D72&REV_A1\4&2bf19b81&0&00E0 requires further installation.".

So my situation now is, i cannot install the drivers for the graphics card from nvidia website or geforce experience because the hardware isnt detected, and the hardware isn't recognized because the drivers aren't installed.

Can i get some help on what i should do or maybe i need to install something else? I have tried multiple "driver finders" and all my drivers are already up to date.

Continue reading...

Back