Windows 10 My Computer has only one problem: Whenever I attempt to scroll over the "New" tab when I right click, it makes my Windows explorer freeze and crash.

• Thread starter Thread starter Acr0gen
  • Start date Start date
A

Acr0gen

The issue is very specific. Whenever I'm on my desktop or in Windows Explorer, and I right click and hover my mouse over the "new" tab, Windows Explorer (and consequently my desktop) will either:

(A) Freeze for about 30 seconds, at which point I can continue to create whatever new item (folder, shortcut, document, etc.) as normal.

Or,

(B) When attempting to click anywhere on the desktop, Windows Explorer tab, or right click menu, the right click menu will appear to duplicate itself (it will look like two right click menus are situated one right in front of the other, but a few pixels up and to the left), and the desktop will become "frosted" in a similar fashion to when a program stops responding. After a few seconds, Windows Explorer crashes, evident by the brief disappearance of all Windows Explorer related windows and menu bar. Everything then comes back and appears normal.

I have already tried sfc and DISM prompts with the Admin Command Prompt, to no avail. I tried to reinstall windows on my computer, but the issues still linger. My computer can still run normally, even when Windows Explorer is frozen (ie I can still watch Hulu and check email on Google Chrome), so it isn't a system-wide freeze. Is there anything else I can do?

Continue reading...

Back