Windows 10 My Ethernet Keeps Turning Off and On and Is Extremely Slow

• Thread starter Thread starter NicholasLarese
  • Start date Start date
N

NicholasLarese

I had recently gone to my friends house and I brought my PC over for a lan. I had read that I can share internet through his PC with an ethernet and when we tried it didn't work. After I got home my ethernet started to stop working and It would keep turning on and off and I have no idea why. I tried a brand new ethernet, different settings, but I don't know what is causing this problem. When the ethernet would shut off, I would run the diagnostic and it would say that there is no ethernet plugged in, but then a few seconds later it would turn back on with no problem

Something I noticed that was off is that my adapter is called Realtek PCIe GbE Family controller but all the other people I talked to, their pc's didn't say that. I'm not sure if that's how it always was but it seems like it isn't the right adapter. My brother and I use the same ethernet extender but his runs without problem so I don't think the extender is the problem.

I had played with my settings and watched many different videos on possible ways to fix it. When I put the Speed & Duplex on 10 Mbps Full Duplex, the ethernet would work fine however when it was on auto negotiation, the problem would occur. Even when I have the auto negotiation on, my max Mbps would only be 10-20, when before it would be up to 400-500 Mbps.

I'm not sure how this occurred in the first place and I'm not sure how I fix this. Any advice or help I could get would be highly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back