Windows 8 My headphones are plugged in but the sound is extremely low and it sounds outside at the same time.

• Thread starter Thread starter OjeteDeHorus
  • Start date Start date
O

OjeteDeHorus

Hello! I'm not a native English speaker so sorry if something sounds off. So when I plug my headphones to my laptop (HP Pavillion g6) the audio comes out from my laptop's speakers and headphones simultaneously. Some days ago the headphone's volume was high enough so I got used to the double sound thing but now they're barely audible, I've tried to go to the "Sound" settings and increase their volume but it doesn't seem to work, I'd say that their volume is somehow linked to the speaker's volume. I made sure that sound is actually coming out by playing a low frequency sound (since I can't listen to it using my laptop's speakers unless I the volume is way too high). Uninstalling the drivers on "Sound, video and game controllers" and rebooting but it didn't work. In the "Sound" tab everything's alright but I can't set the headphones to "Default Device", the button is greyed out and all I can do is setting it to "Default Communications Device". I've tried everything I've found on the Internet and nothing worked, could someone help me? Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back