Windows 10 My Laptop has a black screen once I tried to start a factory reset

• Thread starter Thread starter Stwayb
  • Start date Start date
S

Stwayb

So ill start from the beginning. Last night I had a windows update that I had been ignoring for a couple of days and I decided to start it. I let it go overnight and when I woke up it was still at 0% so I looked up what to do and it said to power off the pc and try again. When I did this I was able to get to my log in screen but my pin no longer was active and my password said it didn't work and that the pc was in offline mode and to use the last used password (I've only ever had one). So I went to power options in the bottom right and saw that update and restart was an option so I did that thinking it would fix my issues. The restart went through with an update and now that option is gone. So I decided to stop trying to fix it and just to hard reset it. I restarted in safe mode by holding shift while clicking restart and then from safe mode, I clicked reset everything. As soon as I did that the screen just turned off but the keyboard is still on and the laptop is still running. I've let it sit here for about an hour now and nothing has changed. I do not know what to do next I feel like I've tried everything. I am going to let it continue at this black screen for the next 6ish hours and I will update this post if anything changes.

Please help.

Thanks

Continue reading...