Windows 10 My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the update.

• Thread starter Thread starter chasehill8.1
  • Start date Start date
C

chasehill8.1

Dear Microsoft,

It is with my utmost resent with which I post this today. Why, oh why, would you ever make a system so slow, it is slower than a sloth in a molasses pit in winter, and gets slower with each update? I am barely able to run my high end games on my machine. Now, I can't. I mean, even system tools aren't responding within the expected half second! It is taking more than five! I have run all the defragging, optimizing, and repairing I possibly can, to absolutely no avail How do you explain this away, eh? By saying it's my machine? I assure you, it is not. Here's my system info:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)
Motherboard
LENOVO LNVNB161216 (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 630 (Lenovo)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Lenovo)
ForceWare version: 391.25
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA )
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

My machine could not possibly be the issue here. I am malware free, as checked by Malwarebytes, I have very few programs running, and those that are, are idle, and this system is STILL using 40% of my RAM! This is consistent no MATTER what I do. This is causing me a lot of strife Microsoft, and I don't want to have to drop you because you can't put out a fast and stable system! I grew up with you, for cryin out loud! I have family ties to a product tester in this company, and throughout my life, I've seen some cool things comin out of you, like windows 8.1 (blazing fast, super stable, never crashed or froze, and never once stuttered in frame rates), and some downright embarrassing things, windows 10 included. I WISH I could switch to windows 8.1, but because you people can't allow new drivers to be made for it, I can't put it on my laptop because the processor and network drivers are incompatible with the system! Trust me, the ONLY way you will ever make any more money out of windows 10 is by making it the only option (oh wait, you already have) OR making windows 10 more like windows 8.1! Don't even try to help me with this issue, I've tried everything your "techs" have suggested. I've tried almost everything the forums suggest! I even TRIED switching back to windows 8.1, but evidently, I need a four year old machine to do it!

You need to pick up the ball people, cause you dropped it bad with this one. If it is at all possible, I think windows 10 is windows 2000's evil futuristic twin.

Continue reading...

Back