Windows 10 My Laptop's Bitlocker Recovery Key does not Accept the Recovery Key Microsoft Emailed Me

• Thread starter Thread starter ToonGirl1
  • Start date Start date
T

ToonGirl1

My Laptop's Bitlocker Recovery Key field doesn't Accept the Recovery Key Microsoft Emailed Me.

Microsoft emailed me a 7-number Key & the Bitlocker form field only accepts 6. It said effectively "wrong last 6 numbers." So what the hell do I do if Windows stupid Bitlocker doesn't even accept its own recovery key?

So the long 48 number AND LETTER code isn't the recovery key even though it says it is on the BitLocker page? So what IS it, then?

I can't restart my computer or initiate "uninstall auto-unlock" (or whatever its called) because my 'Start' features are blocked by BitLocker.

I've tried moving onto Windows 10, uninstalling last feature or quality upgrade, & all the other supposed alternative 'escape options.' Unfortunately they all lead me back to the same damn BitLocker page.

So how do I bypass/override/get rid of the damn thing? This sort of experience will make me refuse all future Windows auto upgrades, if I can ever get back to my desktop again.

My situation is a unique version of what hundreds of other customers are justifiably angry about, so I hope someone answers me soon. Thanks in advance.

So what do I have to do to regain my desktop?

Continue reading...