Windows 10 My New Gaming PC Feals completely busted

• Thread starter Thread starter Glitcherbrine
  • Start date Start date
G

Glitcherbrine

I noticed this about a week ago and didn't know what to do at first.

PC Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700

16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2666

Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2060 Super

WD 1TB SSD (PC Parts Bought around September 2019)

Monitor 1: AORUS CV27F 27" 165Hz 1080P (This Monitor was bought during black Friday sales 2019)

Monitor 2: Some 27" Aoc monitor I know very little about (seemingly, not really the issue)

About 70% of the time when gaming if I were to Alt-Tab from the game (Overwatch, Rocket League) My monitors act strange. In any order/combination one or both with go black then come back sometimes they alternate. After about 30 seconds of this the PC will lock up and crash (complete, instant shutdown. no blue screen or anything). I have found that while the screens are turning off an on again the PC is not frozen as I can restart the computer through the Win 10 interface before it actually crashes. Also going into and coming out of full screen in Discord (like a video link or a stream) can cause this as well.

Sometime during this I noticed that on my main Monitor (the Aorus) The coloration is off but I'm not sure when it happened. The only way I can describe it is that its darker than it should be but the whites are super bright which throws off the color balance. I tried using the monitor settings to correct this but everything I did basically made it worse. When I get a notification either from Windows Game Bar or Origin Everything but the notification changes to a super distorted coloration that is almost indescribable. Like colorblind settings (Made of like solid colors) mixed with extreme blacks.

I've also had an issue with this monitor (aorus) since I got it that sometimes in certain games (Sea of Thieves, Minecraft) when I'm in a dark area in game, looking down will make the screen go darker than it should be, than at a certain point while looking up it'll switch back to normal. not a smooth transition, its instant. Also sometimes I can and sometimes I cant change the display settings (brightness, contrast, etc. in my monitors settings) Both are possibly unrelated, I don't know at this point.

I tried updating windows and some of the updates went through but it got stuck and won't update one: 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4551762)

I also updated my graphics driver through Geforce Experience, but that just made the coloring... not better or worse just different bad.

I'm super lost and hoping someone can make sense of any of this mess.

Continue reading...

Back