Windows 10 my surfacebook keeps shutting down my router

• Thread starter Thread starter BoubacarDiallo6
  • Start date Start date
B

BoubacarDiallo6

I have a weird issue, that I never imagined I could experience in my 10 years of using laptops. every time I use my surface book 2 to connect to a certain website or software, it shuts down right away my router, mind you when I use that same website on other devices such as phone, mac or any other laptop it works fine. But for some reason on my surface book, it's somehow able to shut down my router. To be more specific it only happens when it's loading something. for example, as a videographer, I use a website called wetrenfer to send files to people. the moment I press send, it always shut down the router in the middle of the loading, I just never understand why. later on, I started using a software to sell products, the same issue happened, and they happen about 95% of the time when I try to use them. very few time somehow by some miracle I can send files without having the router shutting down. Mind you this website and software a very famous used by countless of people. I had a pavilion before upgrading to this one but never experienced this. I'm no tech expert, but tried almost anything I could find on the internet. I checked the ad-on setting, I tried to shut down everything and restart, I switched to a different internet explorer platform, reboot the router, i check the firewall, I even rebooted the computer back to its manufacturing setting still nothing. Hopefully one of you guys understand the problem. Worst case I'll just sell it and buy another laptop hoping to never face this nightmare again. thank you

ps:

I can't pinpoint the problem but for sure

- it's related to only this computer

-the router is not the problem because I tried it on many other devices and laptops.

-something happening between the laptop I'm guessing either the laptop has a setting issue I can't figure out or somehow the router is just not compatible with this laptop on some certain websites.

i have sagecom router

model : fast 5250

Continue reading...

Back